Swap hard drive, void warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
No, don't worry, this won't void your warranty.

Reaction score
when i took it off, it kinda poped off softly. then when i put it back on it just went on smooth. is that normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Hard to answer without physically have it in front of me, but if it was dented and you flattened it out, it makes sense that it fits better, hence, sitting more flush and going back on more smoothly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A little dirt could have made it stick, as too what I mentioned above re the altered shape from the dent making it stick and seemingly 'pop' off.

Reaction score
Apple Warranty: Installing Memory, Expansion Cards, User Installable Parts Does Not Void Warranty

i phoned apple 2 hours ago and made sure that by upgrading the ram or the hard drive as long as the drive is compatible it does not void the warranty.

also they mentioned that after doing so even if i want to get the extended service plan they would love to provide me with that....

so this confirms it straight from an apple representative and their website so i hope this helps...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.