• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Stupid Comments/ Questions from Windows users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Friend: Cool! You have a Mac!
Me: yep.
Friend: Why does it sound like a f**kin airplane taking off?
Me: That's just the sound of raw power my friend. Like the engine revvin in a muscle car.

Honestly though, I tell people straight up, "Anybody who tells you Windows PC's are better than Macs and vice versa is just full of it.
I think both are equally annoying. Both machines have their strengths and weaknesses."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Growing up a good friend of mine Dave was a huge PC/Windows guy. Me on the other hand, obviously a Mac user. Back in the day when Windows 95 was released, he was one of those that waited in line that morning for his copy.
At that time I was using my All-in-one Performa with the latest System 7.5 on it. Dave called when he got home and put Win95 on his computer, our conversation went something like this.

"This is so cool. There is a recycle bin on the desktop" Dave
"Dave, I have had the trash can for a long time"
"ooo" Dave

"Well, you can make short-cuts to your icon and put them anywhere" Dave
"I been able to do that for a long-time"
"ooo" Dave

"You can run more than one program at a time on this" Dave
"I been able to do that for awhile"
"ooo"

Today we are both 36 years old. Since Win95, Dave has lost his enthusiasm which each release of Windows. When XP came out, he was disappointment, as a loyal PC guy he stayed with it. Recently, he got Vista and installed it on his gateway. Except this time he instant message me, and started with his Vista story. He hates it and rolled back to XP.
Over the years I have converted many people over to the Mac. Dave has been on stubborn person in this regard. Now, he has seen Vista and the lack of advancement, beyond the eye-candy. He called me to tell me he was ready for the Mac. I almost fell-over when he told me he is going to buy a iMac.
Now he has had the iMac for little over a month, I can't shut him on about how much better OSX is than XP and Vista.:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I took my PowerBook in to college last week because I had some computing coursework that needed to be done and I had a couple of free periods to type it up.

I was sitting in the common room and some guy said "woah cool you got an iMac!"

His mate then corrected him and said "That's not an iMac, it's an iBook because its a laptop"

Then some other guy sitting nearby said "It's actually a MacBook because they've changed the names now"

I laughed a bit and corrected them, saying it was a PowerBook. The original guy paused for a bit and said "but you're not running windows, you're running Apple"

Made me laugh!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.