Studio Monitors.

OP
T

TFunkadelic

You're an audio rube. And a cocky incoherent, arrogant, most likely spoiled 15 year old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
You're an audio rube. And a cocky incoherent, arrogant, most likely spoiled 15 year old.

Yeah, and you're a jerk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Moving along... :(

I'm hopefully going to start building my home studio back up again... I used to have a pair of Genelec 1029As and the matching 7050a sub... Although I don't know about hitting 126db... They were unbelievably flat and precise. I miss them badly. I don't know if I want to do the same thing again just because the price tag is steep.

And as far has hearing damage... trust me... for anyone out there who thinks it doesn't matter.... It's not worth it. I thought it was just fun to keep things loud during stage performances without protection... until when at the doctor I was missing tones in my right ear. The same side where usually had my primary monitor on stage. Not good news for somebody who wanted to be a producer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yeah, hearing loss sucks. I don't blast music through speakers or headphones, or any of that, but I am a musician, and have definitely lost hearing because of it. Some of it is my own playing (I often am forced to play loud at gigs that don't have mics), and some of it is due to playing next to drummers, flutists, piccoloists, and trumpet players, lol. I would strongly recommend taking the best care of your ears that you can.

OP
M

macaudiodj

TFunkadelic said:
I am not spoiled, I have worked for every thing I have..... very little is just handed to me. *Does it make you feel good about your self, dissing a 15 year old.
Note: His post count, What an idiot.

OP
T

TFunkadelic

macaudiodj said:
I am not spoiled, I have worked for every thing I have..... very little is just handed to me. *Does it make you feel good about your self, dissing a 15 year old.
Note: His post count, What an idiot.

The actual dissing doesn't really make me feel good about myself, no...but your reaction to it is funny to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
TFunkadelic said:

Wow! I haven't heard "rube" used to describe someone since... well, never! I had to look it up to be sure of the definition. Come on, there's a fine line between having healthy argument and outright flaming. Let's keep it civil.

-Besides, if you're a Mac owner, you're definitely used to spoiling. Who else would spend thousands on all these wonderful toys?

Oh, and back on subject... My roommate used two Event Project Studio 5 monitors to roughly mix our album before it got to our producer (not sure of the wattage, they're not in front of me.)
Anyone else?

Reaction score
I really like how the title of this thread reflects what is actually being discussed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.