Some manufacturers just don't get it.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
For example;

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 3.32.20 pm.png

This probably very efficient Qi iPhone charger is surrounded by blue LED lights. Given that blue is the brightest colour you can get 8-10 of these ought to be bright enough to read by. I think most of us charge our iDevices over night and I'd rather that be in the same room if not next to me on the bedside table.
I have one wall USB multi port charger that I take travelling with me but I never have it in the bedroom because it has one blue LED. I have a Belkin Qi charger for that, which enables me to charge and use my iPhone as a bedside clock.

On a recent trip away I had the aforementioned wall charger plugged in in the bathroom. At night the glow from the bathroom door was enough for me to easily navigate my way from bed to there and use the facilities without turning on any lights. I can only imagine how bright the above pictured Anker device would be.

Obviously if you use it at the office then there is no problem but there is simply no need for it, what purpose do they serve? The iPhone "bloops" when connected to a working charger and the little green charge icon appears on the top of the screen.

It seems to me that Anker have deliberately alienated a large portion of their buyer market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I hear ya Rod. I'm guessing the designers of this charger were probably thinking that many folks would have this charger on their nightstand next to their bed...and all of these lights would make the charger easier to find in the dark.

Unfortunately there are folks that are light-sensitive when trying to sleep (including me). If this is a good Qi charger...and if I was to purchase it...I'd appreciate a feature that allowed me to turn-off/disable all of the lights. Or I'd probably have to take a piece of masking tape & cover all the lights! Lol

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I guess I'm just the opposite. I have all sorts of lights that shine in our master bedroom and bathroom. I have my executive desk and mini office in the bedroom so there are blue lights from the FIOS modem, UPS, and other devices. I also keep several small lights on in the bathroom that shine through to the bedroom.

All the lights help keep those dark and mysterious night visions to a minimum. :rofl :goofy

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...there are blue lights from the FIOS modem, UPS, and other devices.
That would drive me nuts Charlie!;)

The continuously blinking lights on the cable modem/router would drive me insane. I can just imagine seeing the blinking lights & shadows bouncing off the walls & ceiling! Lol

Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.