Solution for digital clutter: Moving away from Apple's Photos/iPhotos libraries

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for a program that I can transfer all of my iPhone libraries from Photos/iPhotos to as well as many other folders of photos taken with various cameras. Nothing professional, just normal use.

I'm really looking to get organized but having a difficult time finding what I'm looking for.

It seems Adobe Bridge might be the best solution as I can add tags, create libraries, edit metadata etc. however, I'm really wanting a program that I can import libraries/photos to that will then create a brand new library. At the moment, it doesn't look like I can accomplish this with Bridge.

My thinking here is that I have soo many libraries and photos to go through, I'm looking to merge duplicates and have one central location for all my photos. With my new library, I can then begin to create tags and get much more organized to locate pictures moving forward.

I recognize my thinking here might need to shift a bit so if you happen to have a better solution, I'm all ears.

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

Everything you want to do, pretty much, can be done in Photos. You can create a new library, import the images you want, organize them in Albums. There are apps that can identify and delete potential duplicates from the library. Read more about it in the user guide, here: Photos User Guide for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Welcome to the forum.

Everything you want to do, pretty much, can be done in Photos. You can create a new library, import the images you want, organize them in Albums. There are apps that can identify and delete potential duplicates from the library. Read more about it in the user guide, here: Photos User Guide for Mac

Agree. I've used Photos (and predecessor) uniquely for 10 years (3 cameras, numerous phones both iPhone and Android), from the start sorting images into albums, assigning tags, titles etc. Advances allow you to search with all kinds of parameters. 52,000 images and growing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.