• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sold Macbook on eBay, user trying to scam me. Advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I hate Ebay but even more I would never use or accept Paypal, they do side with the buyer everytime....
I have sold items were the buyer scammed me by returning the package back with a brick inside and complaining to Paypal....

I only do business one way now...

1. POSTAL MONEY ORDER
2. Western Union Money Transfer (which you can get cash at any Publix)

and thats it..... its the only peace of mind that gets me through the sale... and of course not sending anything until payment is in hand.. that way if you have some jerk like this guy, you will have the upper hand and be able to negotiate fixing his or her issue...
In all fairness the transaction should be easy for the seller as much as for the buyer.... and I know saying all of this now doesent help your cause much, but i guess the moral of the story is stay away from using paypal period...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 1.83ghz dual pro, 1 gig ram.
Just always put on the end of your sales;

**SOLD WITH ALL FAULTS IF ANY**

Easyiest way to cover your behind. =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.