software to convert PDF to TIFF black and white

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
C

chas_m

I can convert to TIFF easily. But they are still grayscale even when choosing the B&W option in Image Capture. My IT people tell me they need to be B&W with a file size of 20-40 kb per document.

I think the above beautifully supports my original post.

As suggested by others, this sounds like a batch job for Graphic Converter. I don't know if GC can be Applescripted or perhaps you can just set a "watch folder" that will initiate actions whenever something is placed in the folder.

As for the person who said they find it easier to fax things than email scans, as the LOLcats say, "yr doin it rong."

On almost all scanners nowadays, there is a one-button scan-to-email function. In almost all email programs, there is address autocomplete, so really this can take as few as three keystrokes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
As for the person who said they find it easier to fax things than email scans, as the LOLcats say, "yr doin it rong."

Mate not doing anything wrong. At the end of the day Fax works for us .....

OP
S
Reaction score
Made this just for you. I think you deserve a pay raise. ^-^"

Ignore the foreign language. It was the only thing I had on my computer with a lot of type. >_<"

Thank you! Out of all the software I tried, I had decided to keep Photoshop and now you showed me just how to do what I needed. Thank you very much. I hope I can be as helpful sometime. You rock!!:D

Reaction score
I have a Solution

I need software that will allow me to email scanned documents in black and white rather than grayscale after converting from PDF to TIFF. Preview will allow me to save PDF docs. as TIFF (I also have to have 200 dpi, which Preview also allows.) The problem I am having is that they are in grayscale and not able to be integrated into the system my company uses. They are also too large.

I had the same issue. In my case, with our expense management system. I couldn't find a solution, but did find your post. So I wrote a custom automator action (PDF to FAX) that will do this. With it, you can "print" directly to an e-mail attachment, and then click "Send".

Let me know if you are interested.

Automator.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.