• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So what phone do you have?

Reaction score
Ah right! Well that's lucky! What do you usually use your MacBook for then these days? Are you using one more than the other or the same?

I can't seem to justify what to use the Powermac G5 for other than upgrading practice because my college course is refusing to teach us the ins and outs of computers, the *******s lol

Love your set up by the way!

thanks! I find i use them both just as much as the other. When I am at work or in school I use the macbook. I will up/download documents using iDisk (.mac trial version for now). Once I get home, I will just open iDisk to get the documents I save in school/work and continue to study or print them using my iMac. So once I get home, I don't even need to pull my macbook out, unless I feel like surfing the net in front of the TV or some where away from my desk. Also I set iDisk to sync my dock as well, so whatever was changed on one computer will be changed on the other when iDisk syncs. So it think I will get the .mac once my trial is over.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
Ah cool. I am really justifying on how I'd use 2. It'd be behind me and I think if I can get one cheap-ish I'd use it for upgrade and just have a desktop set up if I ever needed it.. hmm.

Back to phones, I'm REALLY looking for a Touchscreen phone.. I can't afford the iPhone =[

Anyone know of any good alternatives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
VX8700, still rocking it out, i love the design of it. it matches the imac, and it matched my powermac, it's a great phone all around. I want an iPhone terribly bad, but I'm stuck with verizown.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Motorola V323i.
4339.gif

It's a decent phone. The only problem I have with it is that when I turn the volume off, the phone will still beep when the battery is low. I can't shut it off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
In order:

Siemens A56:

1800mobiles_1974_189221022

Sony Ericsson t610:

279-954-167-175-250x275.jpg

Sony Ericsson s710a:

SonyEricssonS710a_01_300.gif

And now....

Apple iPhone 4gb

iphone_home.gif

My conversion to Apple is complete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Ah cool. I am really justifying on how I'd use 2. It'd be behind me and I think if I can get one cheap-ish I'd use it for upgrade and just have a desktop set up if I ever needed it.. hmm.

Back to phones, I'm REALLY looking for a Touchscreen phone.. I can't afford the iPhone =[

Anyone know of any good alternatives?

HTC touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
VX8700, still rocking it out, i love the design of it. it matches the imac, and it matched my powermac, it's a great phone all around. I want an iPhone terribly bad, but I'm stuck with verizown.

That's a beautiful phone in a time when phones are getting less and less beautiful to try to stuff and bunch of garbage in them and move and open in ways that are completely useless.

I just wish it wasn't Verizon only, and Verizon didn't ugly it up all over with its logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Blackberry 8830 World Edition. It's a great phone. I'm on my third Blackberry (gotta stay as current as possible)..... I've been eyeing the iPhone, but I have Verizon. Sigh...AT&T isn't good in my area.....

Reaction score
i wouldnt use an iphone if someone gave it to me...
just way too trendy but guess i cant talk since im using a macbook : (

anyway im currently using a samsung u740 and soon to be replaced with the samsung u940 as soon as thats out... can you say iphone killer in every possible way?

Reaction score
I've had the Sony Ericsson W950
w950_main.jpg
for a few months now, i love it. Although it is now iPhone, i'll wait until i have the money to get that beauty of a phone. My next phone might be the W960 whenever that comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Blackberry now thinking of getting the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Darn, I've just be playing with the iPhone again.. I really do fancy getting one :/ Anyone fancy buying some magic beans?

Reaction score
8gb iPhone and I still love mine aside from wiping it all the time lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Katana II
sanyo-katana-ii-6650.jpg

It works, and I can drop it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I have a Samsung Blackjack.

samsung-blackjack-2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.