so no need for antivirus for mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As a suggestion, if you are using Boot Camp and running Windows, install Microsoft Security Essentials on the partition. If you feel threatened by all means use an AV program however at the end of the day sound browsing practices, including avoiding pirate sites and agreeing to the install of codecs etc, is perhaps the best advice.

Reaction score
very true indeed.

To be honest, in reality most people do it, no matter how much effort we try to clamp down on pirate downloading, the trend is that more & more people going to download from unauthorised source

and there's nothing people can do about it

True. Some people do it because they had already purchased a CD and it broke, or someone bought a song online then lost their account. Another is because people might not have the money for it. Of course, this is not only with music, but other things as well. Like everyone else says, it's common sense not to download files from untrusted sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Thank you for proving my point about being overly concerned with semantics. :p

:D You are welcome. (not to be confused with your welcome)

I had not even read the last sentence in that post until this time. :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.