Slow wireless - Virus?

Reaction score
Wireless connection suddenly slowed down and it has been like it for a couple of weeks now. Checked the router and it seems to be ok and located well.

I did a virus scan and Worm.SomeFool.D was found? Does anyone know anything about this? If it's bad, how should it be removed?

Cheeeeers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That is a worm that is received only via email. It can do nothing in OS X, it is Windows only and will have nothing at all to do with your wifi slowing down.

technologist's signature says it best:

[font=Apple Garamond, Adobe Garamond, Garamond, Times]
The word "virus" does not mean "computer problem I don't understand."

[/font]

Beyond that, you have provided exactly zero info for anyone to be able to assist you.

OP
S
Reaction score
What kind of info are you looking for me to supply? Pages are taking much longer to load, and sometimes not at all.

When I asked 'Virus?' I was referring to the worm, is this a virus causing the problem? Although I guess technically a worm isn't a virus. Anyway, thank you for pointing out it is a PC worm.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
PC = Personal Computer. That can include any computer that you use for personal use, this includes Macs.

bobtomay just pointed out that it's a worm that only affects Windows users.

We need info on your internet setup, the specs of your machine etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
The router may be "ok", but what about your modem. That could be the culprit. Have you called your ISP to send a tech to check your service? Your modem could be dying, your cable or DSL service could need adjustment/servicing, etc.
That's why we need a lot more info on your set up because it could be any number of issues with any number of devices/services.
As mentioned, it is NOT caused by a worm or virus, whatever you want to call it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Many member ask the question about viruses and malware on the Mac and in addition to using the search function at the top of the forum, you'll find almost all your answers here:

Official Antivirus and Firewall FAQ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Try this website, speedtest.net, and post your results.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The question about Pages - trust it was not downloaded for some site as there was a malware built into versions available at a certain pirate seaside site?

OP
S
Reaction score
Looping an animation

I have a mac mini, 10.4.11. 2GB memory, 667 MHz

The 2 laptops in the house have a good wireless connection

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The question about Pages - trust it was not downloaded for some site as there was a malware built into versions available at a certain pirate seaside site?

I believe the OP is talking about web pages. >_>"

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes web pages very slow to load, FTP ceased to connect, yahoo mail struggling to attach files, mac mail no longer sending emails but still receiving.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.