Setting up Exchange on El cap

Reaction score
I know there are known issues and tried going through the boards with no solution. Further more as a small company - IT guys are useless. And i'm a newbie in mac but with a strong background on other oses.
It's an Exchange 2007 server.
Setting it up on android phone was a piece of cake. Mail "[email protected]", login "department_login_name" In server i entered "owa.ourdomain.com" port "443" ticked the "SSL/TLS (accept all certificates)" and was connected straight away...

On mac it's currently to no availability... As auto discovery didn't work - manually added the server. Tried removing the EWS/Exchange.asmx in mail settings, different combinations e.t.c with no luck at all. Every time i get a connection error or "cannot find username" Any help will be much appreciated.

On first connection i got to accept certificate and i ticked the mark to make it trustable. But still asks me for password or something else and no connection

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We're going to need much more info before one of our networking experts can help you out. Which Mac do you have and what version of OS X is it running? (MS Exchange Server 2007 is an old version.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
I know there are known issues and tried going through the boards with no solution. Further more as a small company - IT guys are useless. And i'm a newbie in mac but with a strong background on other oses.
It's an Exchange 2007 server.
Setting it up on android phone was a piece of cake. Mail "[email protected]", login "department_login_name" In server i entered "owa.ourdomain.com" port "443" ticked the "SSL/TLS (accept all certificates)" and was connected straight away...

On mac it's currently to no availability... As auto discovery didn't work - manually added the server. Tried removing the EWS/Exchange.asmx in mail settings, different combinations e.t.c with no luck at all. Every time i get a connection error or "cannot find username" Any help will be much appreciated.

On first connection i got to accept certificate and i ticked the mark to make it trustable. But still asks me for password or something else and no connection

Use the owa.ourdomain.com as the server name and see what happens.

OP
M
Reaction score
Use the owa.ourdomain.com as the server name and see what happens.

It's a macbook air with el capitan 10.11.6

I have already tried entering owa.ourdomain.net into the server field with no luck. Just states that the username cannot be found.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What exactly are you trying to do? Are you needing to use Mac MS Outlook or Apple Mail with Exchange Server 2007? Reason for asking is I'm not sure MS Exchange Server 2007 is supported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
It's a macbook air with el capitan 10.11.6

I have already tried entering owa.ourdomain.net into the server field with no luck. Just states that the username cannot be found.

Try specifying the full username, including AD domain, instead of just the userid. Also, be sure to try it in UPN and SAM formats.

domain\userid
domain.net\userid
[email protected]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.