Second Apple TV requesting sign-in formation for many apps - why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Own 2 Apple TVs (4K in den for my 4K HDTV & HD in master BD) - I bought the HD unit recently and set it up to match my settings to the one in the den - transferred the apps and the sign-in info - today, wife tried to watch shows on HBOMax and Disney+ and was asked for sign-in info (same w/ several other apps) - went to my den 4K Apple TV and had no problem connecting immediately to the same apps? What happened? Apparently some web searching brought up similar complaints - I've painfully re-enter some of the info for a few apps, but am thinking of just resetting the device and hopefully grabbing the info again from my den device - comments or suggestions. Thanks - Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Most apps/services need to register each device individually. Especially streaming services.

OP
RadDave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Most apps/services need to register each device individually. Especially streaming services.
Thanks Bob - when I setup the 2nd Apple TV, it already picked up my login info for our streaming services and worked fine for weeks - tonight wife tried to use 2 apps and login info was requested - this is a 'new' experience, i.e. something changed - the apps were updated and/or Apple verification changed for one but not the other ATV? There's more to this than suggested - I'll likely sign out that Apple TV from my iCloud account, reset, and setup again - very irritating! Thanks again - Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Oh, I see. I don't know why you would need to sign in again. As you stated, something must have changed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.