scanning documents

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm completely new to mac; I have been using my new MacBook only for a week. However, I was trying to install my scanner (canon 4400F). I would like to ask if anyone knows a free program which would make me able to scan documents and then save them as PDF or TIFF? It turned out, that the application given on the scanner CD is too old.

PS. Probably my English is not very good...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Have you visited the Canon website to look for updated drivers for your 4400? I'm assuming your new Mac is operating Snow Leopard.

OP
P
Reaction score
My mac operates Snow Leopard. Unfortunatelly, on the canon website, there are only drivers for connecting scanner with computer. What is more, when I plug the scanner (using USB), it makes my almost unable to use the trackpad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Why don'y you scan by simply using the Preview/Import from scanner function?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I would like to be able to combine pages into one tiff of PDF file.

You can do that in Preview was well. All you need to do is select all the files you want at the same time and open them.

Then go to print selected items.

Then where it says pages. You want to type in 1- how every many pages are in the document.

Then at the lower left hand corner where is says PDF, pick save as PDF. Viola Done.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks! It really works. So maybe you know some kind of an OCR application?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I haven't used it but give this free OCR program a go

TakOCR

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.