Safari says it cannot find the server.

Reaction score
:\Safari says it cannot find the server. What can I get this ability back? How do i fix the preferences so that I can get the Safari Browser? (I have a mac book pro 13")

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you experiencing this on all sites or just a few? It's possible that this was the result a temporary problem with the server.

Can you clarify what you mean by how can I fix the preferences so I can get the Safari Browser. Can you clarify that fir us?

OP
R
Reaction score
Not connecting to my Safari Browser

I have a 13" mac book pro (OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

I am a novice but i like exploring things to do on my mac.
So I was trying to add a browser choice in the safari settings by going to the Safari preferences. In the General tab section, I put the name of the browser that I wanted to add in the 3rd homepage box, which totally took the server for Safari away.

But!!! Not being a total "nut" I figured out that if I go back to that homepage box, clear it ,and then look for a safari update and download it, that could restore what i messed up. I did so and It worked. I am back in business.

I won't be messing with that area again. ;)

Thanks!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What were you trying to change? Of you clicked where it seems like you did the name of a browser doesn't go there. You enter a website url in that address.

If you are trying to change the default browser that's done in System Preferences. Go to the General tab . You'll see the setting for the web browser.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.