Safari Not Playing YouTube Videos

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Wow, that's awesome. I had to send my iPad in for repair yesterday. Small dent on the corner where the on/off switch is. I hope to have it back in a week. Apple care is the best I have seen with any company. When I get it back, it'll be a new one. I miss it already. I'll try getting it to play YouTube vids when I do get it. If I have trouble, I'll post on it.

Nice!...I haven't heard of that many folks sending in their iPads for repair...especially for dents. Actually I'm sort of surprised that Applecare is repairing a dent...since many folks commonly experience dents in their aluminum MacBook Pro's...and usually physical damage is not covered.

Is this dent the only thing that your iPad is being repaired for...or is there something else. Or does the dent impact another feature of the iPad (you mentioned the on/off switch)...thus requiring a repair?

Just curious...thanks,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
Reaction score
Solution that worked for me

Just thought I'd share the simple solution that worked for me, which, not being a technical person, I stumbled upon this morning after a week of frustration.

I have a MacBook Air and I'm browsing with Safari. Here it is:

After downloading the most recent Adobe Flash player, I opened Safari. Go to Preferences and open that. There should be some boxes there to check -- check the box that says "Allow all other plug-ins."

That's it. Youtube videos now run. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.