OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello,
I seem to have quite a lot problems with my new imac! Firstly, I cant run Bootcamp from apple support : it is downloaded but then it does not run or open or go to the right place (utilities folder),when I try to open it looks as a note file in chinese! And also generally it seems as if it doesn't run any new download! Have any ideas? Thanks.

Hmmm... there's no need to download anything. Boot Camp is included with your new Mac. It's located in Applications => Utilities. If it's not there, then your Mac is either not new or wasn't prepped correctly at the factory (the latter is unlikely).

Once Boot Camp Assistant is showing in your Utilities folder properly. The next step is to read the manual. No, really - you need to read the manual. It will save you literally hours of frustration.

You will be prompted to print it out once you run Boot Camp Assistant. This should answer any other questions you might have. Judging by your second post in this thread, it looks like you have already progressed through this stage, so if that's true, you can find the manual here. Please read it before you go any further.

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, when I AM DOING THE INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 7 ON I Mac, at the stage that the partition has been made and there is the option of starting windows downloading should I make restart and afterwards select the option key from the mouse in order to select the windows disk and then make the installation of Windows?

You're not dowloading Windows at this stage. You're downloading the drivers package to support Windows. You'll need to insert a Windows installation disc in order to proceed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
well ,thanx for quick response!But I 've already print the installation guide and read but the thing is that if what u say its true I ve done something really bad because I erase because I tried to do the partition it seemed ok but then with restart and option key opened only macintosch hard disc...

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well ,thanx for quick response!But I 've already print the installation guide and read but the thing is that if what u say its true I ve done something really bad because I erase because I tried to do the partition it seemed ok but then with restart and option key opened only macintosch hard disc...

It seems like you're misunderstanding the process. First, you run Boot Camp Assistant, this partitions the drive (essentially splitting in two). It will also download updated Windows drivers and burn them to disc for you. Once it does that, it will prompt you to insert your Windows disc, then, it will reboot which should kick off the Windows installation process. You don't use the Option key at all at this point. That's not something you need to do until Windows is completely installed and you want to toggle between OS X and Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
I 'm sorry I don't understand!How can I run Bootcamp assistant now I 've already deleted?And also I try to download it from apple support but it does not run at all!

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I 'm sorry I don't understand!How can I run Bootcamp assistant now I 've already deleted?And also I try to download it from apple support but it does not run at all!

Are you sure you really deleted it? Have you checked the Trash?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Firstly we had run Bootcamp, and we did the partition then we continued and there was the option of start download of windows, we selected this, we put the windows installer disc, but nothing happened. So, we partitioned again setting 100% Macintosh, and we tried again to download bootcamp, deleting before the almost installed bootcamp and then Bootcamp could not be installed again. And I remark that we try to download and other programs now and it behaviours the same as Bootcamp and does not run them. Sorry for annoying you but we are really in panic and very tired attempting two days now to make this installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Yes I deleted from trash too cause I thought it was the one I downloaded from apple support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
i have deleted BOOTCAMP, CAN I GET IT BACK BY THE IMAC APPLICATIONS INSTALL DVD?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You mean you deleted the BootCamp Assistant application from the Applications / Utilities folder?

2 options - reinstall the OS or grab Pacifist which will allow you to selectively reinstall apps from the OS X disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Thank you!I finally manage to install windows!
But , I have no sound on windows 7(checked sound adjusments and they are on) also it seems as if the screen is deformed (on windows 7).My iMac is 27'' i5
Is this because windows are not compatible with mac?
And one more problem is that I try to run 3d Studio Max but it fails at the last second!
I run windows 7 64-bit and 3D Studio Max in 64-bit, but it fails.
Any ideas? Thanx!

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you!I finally manage to install windows!
But , I have no sound on windows 7(checked sound adjusments and they are on) also it seems as if the screen is deformed (on windows 7).My iMac is 27'' i5
Is this because windows are not compatible with mac?
And one more problem is that I try to run 3d Studio Max but it fails at the last second!
I run windows 7 64-bit and 3D Studio Max in 64-bit, but it fails.
Any ideas? Thanx!

During the Boot Camp setup process, you should have burned a CD/DVD with the Boot Camp Support package. This contains your drivers and support software.

Pop the disc in while running Windows, open it up and run the install. That should take care of all of the issues mentioned above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
I have installed bootcamp drivers on windows and the screen and everything is fine but the sound doesn't work still! Please tell me what should I do? Thank you!

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have installed bootcamp drivers on windows and the screen and everything is fine but the sound doesn't work still! Please tell me what should I do? Thank you!

Try opening Apple Software Update (within Windows) and see if there are any recommended updates. If there are, install them and see if that does the trick.

Reaction score
hi guys
if i install window through VM, will it give experience of whole windows like in boot camp..

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hi guys
if i install window through VM, will it give experience of whole windows like in boot camp..

I think you're asking whether it will take up the whole screen. If so, then yes - it can be set to work that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Yes ,the sound is fine after apple updates on windows thanx!
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Hello, will I have any problem if I remove windows and run it again on my Mac? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP|i7 2.66ghz|512mb GT330M|4gb DDR3|500gb 7200rpm SATA|HD Display
Hey guys, I just installed XP on my MBP using boot camp. I've noticed that it seems somewhat laggy, especially when scrolling. Also, I'm wondering if there are any programs I can install to get functionality out of my touch pad that I do in OSX? Right now I have no right click and no swipe scroll. Thanks!

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey guys, I just installed XP on my MBP using boot camp. I've noticed that it seems somewhat laggy, especially when scrolling. Also, I'm wondering if there are any programs I can install to get functionality out of my touch pad that I do in OSX? Right now I have no right click and no swipe scroll. Thanks!

You forgot to install the Boot Camp supplement for Windows. You should have either created a CD during Boot Camp setup or you can insert your OS X disc (while running Windows) to kick off the process.

This is the last step in installation. Once it's installed, be sure to run the Apple Software Update, which will be in your Start menu.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.