Retrieving music

Reaction score
after updating my Imac to Monterey, my itunes library has gone. How can it be retrieved?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.5 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
after updating my Imac to Monterey, my itunes library has gone. How can it be retrieved?
Firstly, a warm welcome to Mac-Forums. Thank you for your post

I'm afraid I have to ask you which Operating System (OS) did you have immediately before upgrading to Monterey?

This matters because if it was from Big Sur for example, there shouldn't be any change.

BUT, when you mention 'iTunes", I've got to assume that your last OS was several versions behind Big Sur/Monterey.

Until I know differently, I shall assume you had a much easier OS in which case iTunes has been replaced by "Music" (found in Finder > Applications > Music app).

Using Finder, locate the Music app and Click on it. Your Music should all be there.

Please reply and let us know if that solves your problem and, for reference, we'd like to know the previous version of OS before Monterey.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.