Replacement wall adapter for magsafe charger

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but for the edification of those who'll come later...

You can pick up a new extension cord (the removable cord that goes from the wall to the brick) for a mac ac adapter on ebay for about $10. They are between 6 to 10 feet long and are very nice.

You can also get replacement aftermarket mag-safe adapters in 85W and 65W versions cheap. They don't come with the extension cord though, just the flip-out prong adapter.

We have three macbooks in our family and I bought an extra two of these in 85W, for ~$50 including shipping for both of them (about $25 each). One stays in my home office, always plugged in and waiting for my mac to arrive. The other one is in my office at the Air Force Academy; also always plugged in and waiting for my mac.

The one that came with my Mac is smaller than the after-market ones and so I carry it in my backpack for use at the local Starbucks, et-al.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.