OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Panther unleashed into the wild

Source: MacMinute.com

Panther unleashed into the wild
October 24, 2003 - 20:40 EDT Apple on Friday officially launched Mac OS X 10.3 Panther at more than 60 retail stores and numerous Apple authorized resellers nationwide. MacMinute has received reports from several east coast Apple Stores (which re-opened at 8:00 p.m.) that describe extremely large crowds who can't wait to get their hands on the latest operating system. Most of the people we've talked to say tonight's event "dwarfs" last year's Jaguar launch event. All of the Apple Stores tonight are offering a 10 percent discount throughout the store with the purchase of Panther or a Mac. Apple employees are also giving away free dog tags with "X" logos on them to anyone in attendance. Check back later tonight for photos and interviews with Apple representatives from the Apple Store in Palo Alto, California. --If you attended an Apple Store tonight and have details or photos that you would like to share, please send them our way.

My Comments: Ok seriously.. someone.. get a dog tag for me ok? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I got a dog tag but they wouldnt let me get more than one.

im very upset they didnt have student discounts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
wow. there has to be a few hundred people here. i had to stand an hr in line to get in and i git here early!! not many pics.. the mall its in doesnt allow that and i got caught.. ill post em when i get home.. oh yeah, the G5 rocks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
well i think apple should hire me .. in the course of 3 hrs i sold 3 panthers, an ipod and an imac plus dotmac. i also got a job setting up an orthodontists network on all macs... and al li did was show people how it worked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
these are the only 3 pics i could snap before a mall security guard saw my flash go off and told me to stop taking pictures

DSCN0462.JPG

DSCN0465.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0463.JPG
    DSCN0463.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
You know, I was at a mac seller in my hometown and they offered me a job for selling macintoshes.. but when they found out I was 17 (this was a long while ago) they said to come back in a few years... course.. I could go back.. but a job 200 miles away isnt appealing :)

Its true, all uve gota do is show people a few tricks and they are likely to give some sort of job :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Nice work MacAddikt. It's cool that you got some work out of it.

I find that, myself, I end up selling this stuff too :) Not everybody gets excited as I do, but, I still do my best :) Unconciously of course ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow all apple stores are built in the exact dimensions and same products in the same place it looks like with the same signs and same lighting. i saw those pictures i thought it was the apple store at roosevelt field

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I should take pics of CompUSA and where they set up the Apple's... it's a tiny little corner..

sKaD

R

RobDreugan

I gotta say I feel left out of the panther club. It seems I would have been better off going to the store to buy it, than ordering it online, which still hasn't arrived.

BLGGLG!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
RobDreugan said:
I gotta say I feel left out of the panther club. It seems I would have been better off going to the store to buy it, than ordering it online, which still hasn't arrived.

BLGGLG!

i should have ordered online so i would have gotten the student discounts.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey trpnmonkey41 thanks for trying to get a dog tag.. it's the thought that counts right :) Hopefully one of my connects will be able to get me one.. I would just love to get my hands on one of those! :)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Panther unleashed into the wild [updated]

Source: MacMinute.com

Panther unleashed into the wild [updated]
October 24, 2003 - 20:40 EDT Apple on Friday officially launched Mac OS X 10.3 Panther at more than 60 retail stores and numerous Apple authorized resellers nationwide. MacMinute has received reports from several east coast Apple Stores (which re-opened at 8:00 p.m.) that describe extremely large crowds who can't wait to get their hands on the latest operating system. Most of the people we've talked to say tonight's event "dwarfs" last year's Jaguar launch event. All of the Apple Stores tonight are offering a 10 percent discount throughout the store with the purchase of Panther or a Mac. Apple employees are also giving away free dog tags with "X" logos on them to anyone in attendance. Update: We have added several photos and reader updates from various Apple Stores across the country.

My Comments: Sounds like fun :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.