Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
...you guys are nuts if your still running this app...software glitch or not

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4GHz 4Gb OCZ RAM
...you guys are nuts if your still running this app...software glitch or not

nah I stopped ages ago, after around 5-10 minutes running, whilst holding the back of the MBP, the temperature never actually got to a point where I thought holy cow! like I said, temperature to touch was similar to that of maxing the cores at around 83 C, despite at the later part of the short lived test, it was stuck around 124-126 C for a good few minutes, so something is definitely up, but I'll let the Apple staff at the Apple store try and get their heads round it when I go to get my Mini Mac :)

Gave up on the WXP bootcamp install, not enough space on HD :|

Reaction score
i wonder if the glitch is just changing the reading from celsius to fahrenheit... 128 degrees f is 53 degrees c

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
i wonder if the glitch is just changing the reading from celsius to fahrenheit... 128 degrees f is 53 degrees c

The reason I doubt that is with Rember running there is no way the temp would be 53 Degrees c as it's testing the system. Rember is a Front End for Memtest which is a very respected memory testing program. I use it all the time on all my Macs with no issues at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.