recommended app to check wireless signal from router?

Reaction score
Does anybody have an app that they recommend that can give me information on my wireless connection between my iPhones and iPads and router? I had an AE that recently died and it didn't give too much information. I switched that out to a D-link DIR-880L and that doesn't give any information such as which band the device is connected to and how many mbps it's transmitting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Does anybody have an app that they recommend that can give me information on my wireless connection between my iPhones and iPads and router? I had an AE that recently died and it didn't give too much information. I switched that out to a D-link DIR-880L and that doesn't give any information such as which band the device is connected to and how many mbps it's transmitting.

Hello - now I'm assuming that you want an app on your iDevice(s) that will provide information about your home network's statistics - correct? If so, iOS vs. OS X (not sure if you also have a regular computer running Mac or Windows software?) makes a difference - for me using Mac computers, the network apps available are much more powerful and the OS X provides a LOT more options than an iDevice & iOS.

Also, I'm not sure 'which' information you want to see on your iDevices, e.g. download/upload speeds, signal strength from your router, band/station being used, etc. - unfortunately, the iOS apps just do not provide much of that information - for myself, I have a half dozen network apps on my iPad Air 2 that can scan your home network and also assess speeds and other features - the first three images are apps obtainable via the iOS App Store - all will assess your download speeds and certain other network statistics (review each on in the App Store, if interested).

NOW, on my MBPro (and iMac), OS X gives plenty of more information, such as signal strength, S/N, transmit rate, etc. - also I use an app called WiFi Explorer (follow link to the Mac App Store) - pic below, plus last pic showing what this app provides regarding your network. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 12.09.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 12.10.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 12.08.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 12.22.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 8.32.59 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.