Really Annoying Sound!!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting here, but I hope it will not be my last! My problem is, and I must add here that I have owned a Mac in one form or another since 1988 and I have never come across this. Anyway, at the moment I own an IMac "20 Core 2 Duo with 2gs of ram. Just the standard stuff. And recently when I start up I get this sound icon (See attached image) in the middle of my screen that makes this awful, constant blipping sound and I cannot turn it off or down or even mute it. Firstly, what is it and secondly how can I get rid of it? When it first appeared I could re-start and it would be OK, but now it is there all the time! Please, can anyone help? Thanks for listening.

Namaste;-)
Michael

Prolem_"BLIPP!".jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
My guess ? Something is pushing on the volume up button of your keyboard. By chance spill anything sticky on the keyboard ?

Clay

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks a million, Clay. It was the keyboard F10 that was glitchy. Have to invest in a new one I guess. What a relief!

Namaste;-)
Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
glad to help.

Clay

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks a million, Clay. It was the keyboard F10 that was glitchy. Have to invest in a new one I guess. What a relief!
Namaste;-) Michael

Don't buy a new one until you've tried to clean that one. If you have the older style aluminum full sized keyboard that came with the iMac, they can be cleaned. See the following article.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.