Rapid Decrease in Speed

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
OP
I
Reaction score
Okay so I've only managed to get the Onyx utility cleanup done. No real difference to any speed. The booting and general processing of applications is still the same sort of speed. The desktop is cluttered no more, but just as I had thought, this hasn't really made the computer any faster.
Perhaps it really is a RAM issue. I have attached a list of the Full Processes on Activity Monitor. The usage at the time of 'print' was 17% on Firefox, with almost everything else on this list between 0.0 and 1.4, so nothing major at all. Bear in mind Photoshop wasn't activated at this time. Which is usually averaging about 58-63 percent. I'm not 100 sure on some of the names on this list, can anyone help confirm if any of these are likely to slow the computer down?

screenshotforhelp.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.