Questions about a Power Mac G4

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you go into the Utilities menu and run Disk Utility? Does the drive show up there but just not mount?

Also with some of the AGP and the Yikes G4, Cable Select on both drives worked once for me when M/S would not. M/S always works normally for me but just this one G4 cable select solved it.

OP
$
Reaction score
How do I know if my powermac g4 is single or dual processor?

I have a powermac g4 and was wondering if it is dual or single processor?
The specs are:

800mhz
AGP graphics

and I don't think anything else matters.

If you need anything else please tell me and I'll give the info to you.

Thx
$BoomBoom$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged threads with similar theme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I have a powermac g4 and was wondering if it is dual or single processor? 800mhz AGP graphics

The AGP graphics G4 is single processor, but there's no 800 MHz version. The first G4 with that processor speed was the Quicksilver. [source: Mactracker]

Check About This Mac under the blue apple in the menu bar, or use System Profiler, to provide us with further information.

Reaction score
Not good news I am afraid. The orange power button usually indicates the capacitors are having problems powering up the cathode ray tube. CRT monitors are pretty old, about ten years or so, and not worth spending money on having repaired alas.

too bad. those crt monitors are cool collector items. be pretty hard to find a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.