• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Question regarding Pirates of Silicon valley

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
http://www.tuaw.com/2005/04/27/no-ie-in-tiger/
What's Included With Tiger

Applications
Address Book 4
Automator
Calculator 4
Chess
Dashboard
Dictionary
DVD Player 4.5
Font Book 2
iCal 2
iChat�AV 3
Image Capture 3
Internet Connect
iSync 2
iTunes 4.7.1
Mail 2
Preview 3
QuickTime 7 Player
Safari 2
Sherlock
Stickies
System Preferences
TextEdit
Utilities
Activity Monitor
AirPort Admin Utility
AirPort Setup Assistant
Audio MIDI Setup
Bluetooth File Exchange
ColorSync Utility
Console
Digital Color Meter
Directory Access
Disk Utility
Faxing
FileVault
Grab
Grapher
Installer
Keychain Access
Migration Assistant
NetInfo Manager
Network Utility
ODBC Administrator
Printer Setup Utility
Setup Assistant
System Profiler
Terminal
VoiceOver Utility
X11

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I guess I'm wrong then. Dont tell my wife!

I may have copied it manually to test something for a client... I just don't remember doing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
One note to add: Apple would have survived either way. $150 million wasn't enough to make or break them. But MS gave them a little incentive to drop the patent case. Also it gave MS a little self assurance that they could avoid more anti-trust scrutiny by saying that they had viable competition in Apple. They already had enough trouble on their hands from Netscape.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
One note to add: Apple would have survived either way. $150 million wasn't enough to make or break them. But MS gave them a little incentive to drop the patent case. Also it gave MS a little self assurance that they could avoid more anti-trust scrutiny by saying that they had viable competition in Apple. They already had enough trouble on their hands from Netscape.

Agreed. To me the most important thing was Microsoft promising to continue to provide Office for Macs. That was a large help. Otherwise Apple would have made it without the $150 million stock from MS. It was good they did settle all the patent stuff though as that could have drug them down a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.