Publisher for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (retina4K) 2019
I edit a newsletter for my retirees club. I just replaced my pc with an iMac. How would you convert a publisher File so that you could edit it? Cut and paste like a word file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reaction score
I edit a newsletter for my retirees club. I just replaced my pc with an iMac. How would you convert a publisher File so that you could edit it?

Zamzar.com is a free Web site which will allow you to convert your Microsoft Publisher files into any of several common formats which you can open on your Macintosh such as Microsoft Word format, JPEG graphic format, or PDF:

LibreOffice is a free Office-suite type program that can open and edit Microsoft Publisher files:

Randy B. Singer • Attorney at Law
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
Macintosh Routine Maintenance • http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are you looking fo a free solution

I'm partial to the Affinity products, and they happen to be on sale now at 50% off. Their version od Publisher may be able to open the M$ Publisher files.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have been advising folks who switched to a Mac and were using MS Publisher to find an alternate Mac program that was similar with great results.

Bob's suggestion to use Affinity is a good one as Serif (developer and long time Windows products) does an outstanding job.

However, there is one more product which I use for our bulletins which is very close to MS Publisher. It's called "iStudio Publisher" which is inexpensive and available from the Mac App Store.

It's unfortunate that MS never ported their Publisher program to the Mac as I believe it would have been popular.

OP
paddlebearer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (retina4K) 2019
I edit a newsletter for my retirees club. I just replaced my pc with an iMac. How would you convert a publisher File so that you could edit it? Cut and paste like a word file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found an app on my iMac that lets me partition my HD so that I can install windows. I haven't tried it yet but I have it. My iMac is a retina 4k 21.5-inch 2019.
Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
I found an app on my iMac that lets me partition my HD so that I can install windows. I haven't tried it yet but I have it.

I'm curious about which app you "found on your Mac" that let's you install Windows? Is it Bootcamp?

Do you really think that purchasing and running Windows on your Macintosh is a satisfactory solution compared to using a purely Macintosh solution? There are lots of page layout programs for the Macintosh, and most of them are quite a bit less expensive than a copy of Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.