• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PS3 commercials

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not to stir up trouble - i won't be getting it on itunes. if i do online, i'll do emusic (they sell straight up mp3s - no copy protection), most likely i'll go to bestbuy and get a 'hardcopy'
icon12.gif

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
can we please keep this on topic?

Reaction score
I think that the commercials are some sort of viral marketing. Anybody remember the Sprite commercials? Read on it on wikipedia, interesting stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
I think that the commercials are some sort of viral marketing. Anybody remember the Sprite commercials? Read on it on wikipedia, interesting stuff.

What Sprite commercials?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Some of the old Sprite commercials used subliminal advertising. Or more recently, there was the whole thing with the Lost Experience. Sprite had something to do with that (if you're into the whole "Lost" thing) I really don't watch the show myself, so I have no idea what that is all about. But they have the site www.sublymonal.com, too bad it won't work with my browser so I can see what happens...

Reaction score
Why are they even bothering to advertise for them right now? The media is creating enough hype for them by covering the crimes that happen due to their high demand. The only thing advertising is going to do at this point is drive up eBay prices even more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.