Producing Hip Hop on MacBook

Reaction score
Hey I am brand new to mac, and i have been trying to make some hip hop beats. Right now i am just using garageband and the preset instruments on there, and it isnt really what im looking for. i want to be able to use sounds that sound more like hip hop. im not looking for loops to just put into my tracks, i actually want like a virtual/software instrument i can use. are there any free hip hop virtual instruments i can use?

I use Ableton... Its a little difficult to pick up at first but one you get a hang of it, it works very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Does EXS24 come with the App Store version of Logic? I have Logic Studio so I'm not sure if it does or not.

If it does then you can get Logic off of the app store for $199. Save quite a bit of money there.

Reaction score
just get a crack of ableton live. it has it all. just don't go on internet while program is active

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.