Problems with graphics card - Advice 2010 27inch iMac 5750 card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Nick, just noticed noticed it was in the thread title and you beat me to it, was going to edit the post. Looked everywhere but the title. Just got up here in the uk, haven't had my hit of coffee yet!

OP
B
Reaction score
Some good info at that link and from subsequent reading I would have been better to go with a cheap late model mxm card like 740m or anything Nvidia actually, they are almost guaranteed to work in Mountain Lion or Mavericks. Ah well we will see how the 6750 goes.

Thanks for the link!:D

Whether a gambling man or not, and to help save some frustration and aggravation - and possibly money, is the old site that's still going regarding "modding" and firmware etc., and a bit of searching, I'm sure you'll find an answer at Apple/Mac/OS X News, Tips and Tech Articles - xlr8yourmac.com

And/or maybe some of the hackintosh sites. They really get into some modding. ;) :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some good info at that link and from subsequent reading I would have been better to go with a cheap late model mxm card like 740m or anything Nvidia actually, they are almost guaranteed to work in Mountain Lion or Mavericks. Ah well we will see how the 6750 goes.

Thanks for the link!:D

Yup but you won't get a boot screen..

People have been swapping them in out of Alienware mobiles for a couple years now just find one grab the nvidia Mac drivers install and you're good to go. The way to know it failed is if you volume keys work but you have no desktop..easy peasy

Reaction score
Result?

I know this thread is dead but we were promised an update or result of your swap. I am having the same problem and would like to fix it cheaply. Tips? Pointers? I'm also checking out the xlr8yourmac.com link provided but I'd like to hear back from OP on your failures/successes.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.