Problem with key repeats with new keyboard

Reaction score
HELP!
I just* bought a* new Cool* Master Pro S keyboard to use with my iMac computer running High Sierra.

The problem is the key repeats are way too fast so I wish to turn them off. (on the original mac keyboard i didn't use key repeats at all"

I tried the control in the iMac System Preferences/keyboard settings but, with this keyboard, there seems to be no change..I can't turn keyboard repeat off or slow it down making it impossible for me to type anything without letters continuously repeated.

When plugging the keyboard in, though it does work, when trying the 'recognize keyboard' selection in the keyboard settings it doesn't seem to recognize this one which may be the problem. ???
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What does their website say?

OP
J
Reaction score
What does their website say?

Thanks for the reply.
I haven't asked on their website as I was assuming it was a Mac problem so I tried here first thinking others may have had the same problem with other non-mac keyboards.
This keyboard has only Windows software so they may be of little help anyway but things I read before buying say it is compatible with Mac machines.
If no luck in forums I will try their website.
Cheers.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
The plain old honest truth is, unless it says it is it may not be a compatible keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.