Problem with iPhoneX

Reaction score
I just finished installing iOS 14 on my iPhone X, but for some reason my ringtones downloaded on the Zedge no longer play. I checked it very carefully in the alarm settings and reset it but when someone rings there is no ringtone. In this case I do not know what is the error, I want to know how to fix it

Last edited by a moderator:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

I'm trying to understand what you mean by "alarm settings"? When someone calls your phone are you receiving the ringtone you selected to announce the call?

Are the ringtones you downloaded with the Zedge app showing up on your phone? If they're not, you may have to download them again and sync them to the phone.

And, did you make a backup to iCloud or your computer before installing iOS 14?

OP
F
Reaction score
I just finished installing iOS 14 on my iPhone X, but for some reason my suonerie gratis downloaded on the Zedge no longer play. I checked it very carefully in the alarm settings and reset it but when someone rings there is no ringtone. In this case I do not know what is the error, I want to know how to fix it
Tag: suonerie iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just checked that web site and it appears they have free ringtones that you can download. If they were working before you installed iOS 14, there should be no reason why they no longer work unless something has changed on your phone.

I installed iOS 14.3 and all my ringtones still work. These are also ringtones that I downloaded from a free site some time ago.

You may have to reset your phone or reset network settings. But make sure you have a backup first. You should have made a backup before installing iOS 14.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Your link goes to a website with "android" in the name. Are you sure the ringtones are in the proper format for the iPhone?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Ringtones are specifically marked that they are for an iPhone 11, 12, etc. At least that's what I can get from the translation.

(Ringtones for iPhones should be .m4a.) At one time you could convert from the AAC format to .m4a using iTunes. Since I haven't done that in ages, I don't know if it can be done from the new Music app or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.