Problem Installing Windows 7 64bit on imac 2012

Reaction score
I have created a partition using boot camp and installed Windows 7 Drivers via the bootcamp app. I then installed Windows 7 and it went through the general set up procedure which required a few restarts. About the third restart when I should be getting the message "Windows is configuring for first time use" I just get a blank screen. I then can only restart holding the power button...it then just boots into Windows again and then hangs. The Windows Drivers are on a USB Stick...is the Mac recognising them for the display ect?? If not what am I doing wrong??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini late 2012; mac mini early 2014; old mac mini running centos; new macbook air; iPad;iPhone
I suspect you are correct; at the time when windows boots, the usb is not accessible.

I don't use bootcamp; however, you probably need the drivers on the windows bootable portion.

That said, I'd look for other responses.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thread moved here to proper forum.

I have created a partition using boot camp and installed Windows 7 Drivers via the bootcamp app. I then installed Windows 7 and it went through the general set up procedure which required a few restarts. About the third restart when I should be getting the message "Windows is configuring for first time use" I just get a blank screen. I then can only restart holding the power button...it then just boots into Windows again and then hangs. The Windows Drivers are on a USB Stick...is the Mac recognising them for the display ect?? If not what am I doing wrong??

It appears from your description of the problem that the drivers have not been installed or something went wrong with the setup. If you follow the Boot Camp instructions step by step in order, Windows 7 should install without a problem. The only suggestion I have is to boot back to OS X, enter Boot Camp, remove the Windows 7 partition, and start over. It helps to print out the Boot Camp instructions and follow along that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.