Plex is testing integration with Apple's TV app

Reaction score
99e994a0-72d3-11eb-bf3b-7835f4c02f72
One of the best features of Apple's TV app is that you can access most of your other streaming apps in one place. While not every major platform is supported in this way, some of the more big ones, including Amazon Prime Video and Disney+, are —...

Click here to view the article...

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That's interesting. I have the Apple TV app installed on my LG TV. With the apps available through LG I'm seeing less and less need for our Apple TV Generation 3 model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 5K 27" i9 3.6Ghz. 3TB, 8Gb, Vega 48, Sonoma, 15 Pro Max, iPad M1, MBP M1, AppleTV, Watches
@Slydude Yep Youtube app has gone here. (UK) 3rd Gen what's wrong with YouTube then, to take it down?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Slydude Yep Youtube app has gone here. (UK) 3rd Gen what's wrong with YouTube then, to take it down?
I haven't used my 3rd gen Apple TV in a few months (apps I use are now available on my TV) so I had to check to see if YouTube was still available in the US. The app itself is there but upon launch you get a message that the app no longer works on that model and you have to use AirPlay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 5K 27" i9 3.6Ghz. 3TB, 8Gb, Vega 48, Sonoma, 15 Pro Max, iPad M1, MBP M1, AppleTV, Watches
@Slydude Same message here. It was in use on a bedroom tv now longer can do. The tv implementation of the YouTube app was poor in the user interface and got worse as YouTube time went by. The app started to be slow and dropped out. I think the internet and YouTube upgraded the specs required to run multimedia platforms and the also several year old tv software did not keep up. So much so the YouTube app starts to play a video and drops out straight away, so I depend on the 3rd gen to cover that requirement. Wifie brought me the 4K version for Xmas but never used. I was going to send it back. Now with a new OLED UHD tv and YouTube working ? the AppleTV HD was going to go in the bedroom now my neighbour friends 3rd gen stop I gave it to him and his kid to use☹️

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
extra added paragraph as cannot edit in my last post ..?..

So this new action from YouTube is going to cost a lot in new AppleTV purchases when there was nothing wrong the device. The new tv has YouTube but the UI on the AppleTV is mush better and handles the 4K content and HDR 10 as well.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've been debating whether to purchase a newer version of the Apple TV box but haven't yet. Most of the apps we used regularly are available on our TV and they recently added AirPlay to the software as well. My wife finds this more convenient than trying to either manage multiple remotes or get the smart remote to turn on everything it's supposed to without issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same here. It’s man thing really She watches sky from a satellite 22000 miles away when the over air transmitter is about 5 miles. I prefer the Panasonic tuner as well, looks and sounds better ?‍♀️

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.