planing to get MacBook; how fast is Photoshop ?

Reaction score
Im planing to buy a new macbook (4GB Ram) and im wondering how well will it Run Photoshop CS3 ? Performance etc. (macbook dosent have dedicated graphics card and i dont want macbook pro coz its 2 big)

is it better to run Native MAC version or Windows version through parallels or WMfussion or somthing... ?

oh and dose all new Mac's run 64bit OS or not ?

if not how do i get 64bit os and if so dose 64bit OS X have even less app then 32bit OS X ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Photoshop CS3 on the Mac is not 64-bit. That said, that has zero to do with its performance since 4GB of RAM is near the lower limit of what 64-bit processors can address that 32-bit ones can't. Running it on Windows through Parallels or VMFusion is a terrible idea since you're limited to only using a small amount of your total RAM. If you're going to run it through Windows, use Boot Camp. Here's a site that did some benchmarks comparing Photoshop CS3 on OS X Tiger and Windows XP using the same hardware:

http://hansv.com/cs3/

Take it with a grain of salt, since I don't know how Leopard has changed things, and honestly you're going to get Photoshop to feel around the same general speed either way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
is it better to run Native MAC [sic] version or Windows version through parallels or WMfussion or somthing... ?

If you are running a Mac and given a choice of software, then it is always better to run software that is native to the Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
If you are running a Mac and given a choice of software, then it is always better to run software that is native to the Mac OS.

... Unless you plan to use mainly Windows, GNU, or some other operating system natively from a separate partition on the hard drive. I have a friend that actually got rid of his Mac OS partition and has his MacBook Pro using 64-bit Ubuntu full-time. And yet another person I know had a tech support guy do something similar with Windows XP, since he plans to use only Windows on his MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.