Picasa for Mac (beta)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo--2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Reaction score
Forgive me for hooking on this thread but I don't yet know how to start a new one:

Have been using Picasa since my dark Windows days and have not found a way to superimpose captions on an image using iPhoto. Have both installed on my iMac and switch back and forth to use the best appropriate features.

Is there a hidden gem in iPhoto that allows captioning? It would save me a lot of real estate on the HDD if I could stay with one of the two.

Thanks for any advice.

Reaction score
Just click on the New Thread button atop the topics list, in the forum view.

iPhoto does not have a caption feature. You have to do it by means of an auxiliary program. Found this link. Maybe it'll help you?

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir Alveric. It seems Apple is losing out to Google's Picasa with regard to including captioning or overprinting. The link you so kindly provided goes back to some users' complaints in 2008. Apple is successful enough not to monitor forums for this is really a needed feature. Am dumping iPhoto for Picasa, a $50.- cost for this add-on is not justified.

Sorry about my late reply but I had to hunt for my original query. As for your German proverb, it deserves a translation (of which there are quite a few...) :

There's no choice without frustration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.