Photoshop: "Could not open "image..." because of disk error"

Reaction score
I receive the above error message when trying to 'edit in' photoshop FROM the lightroom interface. However, I can go to "finder", navigate to an image and "open with" photoshop, but without LR edits. I close the photoshop image. Then I CAN 'edit in' photoshop from the LR interface with LR edits, but just that image...nothing else.

I recently bought a new computer and updated. My old computer was ancient...like mid-2012 and haven't been able to update programs in a long time. So, with my new MacBook Pro, running Sonoma 14.2, it's been a major upgrade.

Running LR 13.1
Running PS 25.3.1

Below is the error message. I'm befuddled! Any suggestions would be most appreciated...

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 09.54.23.png

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
A very common error with LR and PS it seems based on the posts in Adobe Community.

Can you ensure that you are using the latest versions of these apps that support Sonoma and 64-bit? If you transferred these apps over from your older machine through MA, there might be some issues.

You might try re-installing the apps to see if that will alleviate the issue.

I don't use either app, so can't provide any specific help.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!

I assume I am using the latest version because they have been recently updated. Not sure how to check on the 64 bit piece. Do you know where I would locate that information?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.