Photos

Reaction score
I am using iMac mid 2011 with El Capitan 10.11.4. iCloud backup and an iPhone 6 Plus

Lets see if I can make this clear. I back up my photos to the cloud (as well as backing to an external hard drive) I have over 13,000 pictures and about 500 videos.

When I migrated from windows, I have a lot of folders that have no pictures. I have gone into my photos on my mac and cleaned up/delete those folders thinking it would clean them in the cloud. It did not. I also went to iCloud and deleted some of them and they came right back. So, my question is, how can I clean photos and delete the empty folders and have them show up on my iPhone?

In addition, I have two folders with mostly the same pictures. I have edited them into one folder and deleted the other in photos. How do I get that new folder to sync on my iPhone? I have sync'd twice and I still get the two old folders.

It's confusing I know but hopefully someone will under and offer a solution.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The iPhone photos app doesn't have folders... do you mean Albums?

On the iPhone in Settings - iCloud - Photos is iCloud Photo Library on?

When you say you've tried syncing twice.... how?

OP
Jagsfish
Reaction score
Yes, albums. I had two folders with basically same pictures. I made sure all were in one folder and deleted the other. When I looked at the saved folder there were only two pictures instead of 149. How do I go back and restore from backup or cloud? I have an external backup in addition to backing up in iCloud.

Yes iCloud photo library is on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.