Photography Showcase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks

F/18 Super Hornet. NAS Oceana Air Show

Isnt it a FA-18/B/D ?? The B/D denotes it being a 2 seater . . . . .

I had the chance to fly in one of these when i was i young newbie solider but having to be back at our Barracks for the CO's Parade, i didnt want to get charged to i didnt take the offer :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Took this up in Georgian Bay (Ontario) this past fall...
D3S_6167-Edit.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 13" MacBook Pro + 2012 21.5" iMac + 16GB iPhone 5 + 32GB iPad2
Two from me..

Testing my new kit at work

Bowie (check his eyes ;) )

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another from me..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Wow, you guys. I'm always amazed at the incredible shots posted in this thread. Keep 'em coming. :)

Reaction score
Wow...Beautiful rose Vaughaag!

Here is one I did recently...called it the "Odd Couple" Trying to show the contrast between the two.

(Expired Link Removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very nice indeed, the rich reds are superb.

Here is my offering for January. My first picture of 2013

Rgds,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Doesn't light and lighting just absolutely change the look of a photograph. To all above, you are starting to set a precedent on the shots you are contributing.
Amazing colour and such perfect shots. Keep them coming gents. . . .
Where is Bob ? Haven't seen him contribute much lately . . . . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Geez, so perfect. Are you focus stacking these?

:) Yeah, I do allot of stacking, flowers and others subjects. This one is comprised of six pictures, I stacked them in Helicon and then tidied it up in PS replacing the background for better effect. Shot with; Sony A77, Tamron 90mm Macro - ISO50, f/5.6, 1/200, Lighting was controlled using a Sony 43AM with a Globe Modifier attached.

All the best,
Dave

Reaction score
:) Yeah, I do allot of stacking, flowers and others subjects. This one is comprised of six pictures, I stacked them in Helicon and then tidied it up in PS replacing the background for better effect. Shot with; Sony A77, Tamron 90mm Macro - ISO50, f/5.6, 1/200, Lighting was controlled using a Sony 43AM with a Globe Modifier attached.

All the best,
Dave

Thanks for the details. I am looking for a macro lens right now. I have narrowed it down to the Tamron 90 or the Nikon 105. The only negative I have read about the Tamron is the way it extends, but image quality seems to be as good or better than the Nikon.

Any thoughts on these two lenses?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the details. I am looking for a macro lens right now. I have narrowed it down to the Tamron 90 or the Nikon 105. The only negative I have read about the Tamron is the way it extends, but image quality seems to be as good or better than the Nikon.

Any thoughts on these two lenses?

I cannot comment on the Nikkor lens as I have not used it but from pictures I have seen, its a lovely bit of glass. I have only had the Tamron for a month, it was to replace my 17 year Minolta 100mm Macro which broke a few months back.

The DOF of the Tamron is not too different to the 100mm and the colours produced are pretty spot on. To me the Tamron is slightly slower as focusing than my old Minolta but its dam sharp even at f/2.8.

Where abouts are you located? If your in the UK and anywhere near the South West, let me know and we can arrange a time for you to have a play in the 'real' world and not just in a shop environment.

Rgds,
Dave

Reaction score
Where abouts are you located? If your in the UK and anywhere near the South West, let me know and we can arrange a time for you to have a play in the 'real' world and not just in a shop environment.
Rgds,
Dave

I am in Canada...West coast. So about half a World away I think.
I think I am going with the Tamron as it appears to be a leader in image quality. Build quality and AF speed is not on par with the Nikon but I treat things gently focus in M for most close up work I have ever done.

It is also less than half the price.

Any special tricks for selecting the flower for background replacement?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am in Canada...West coast. So about half a World away I think.
I think I am going with the Tamron as it appears to be a leader in image quality. Build quality and AF speed is not on par with the Nikon but I treat things gently focus in M for most close up work I have ever done.

It is also less than half the price.

Any special tricks for selecting the flower for background replacement?

Ah... a fair distance then :)

When setting up for a stack, I try and have as much contract between the subject and background as possible to make selection and cutting out easier. Alternatively, if I'm happy with the way the background is coming out in camera, I swap the WB to Tungsten to create a more pleasing background. I shoot one shot at around f/11 focusing in the center so that the background can simply be merged in PS.

Here are a few examples
Flaked Tulip | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Fleur de Lis - Lily Style | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Moult Hopper (Schistocerca Gregaria / African Migratory Locust) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Rgds,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Was at Cabrillo Monument and toured the light house. the light is no open to visit, but you can get your camera in some good angles to capture the light itself.

CIMG4169.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
Nice take man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
Abandoned Rock House, Big Bend National Park

Shot with my new Sony RX-100

rock_house_window_cropped.jpg

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.