Photo reversing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
I have downloaded about 50 photos to a flash/thumb drive and they are in the reverse of what I wanted starting with the newest photo to the oldest photo. How do I reverse the order from my oldest to the newest. I have accomplished this previously but have forgotten ho2w to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1Max 16" MacBook Pro with macOS 13.2
Do you mean that you are looking a list of your pictures in a Finder window, yes?

I don't know your preferred way to look at lists of files and folders, but have that window in your foreground, then in your top menu click on View, than select List (but DO remember your preferred way to look at your files). In your pictures window you should see re-arrange themselves into the Names of your files and folders, then Date Modified, Size, and Kind.

At the top of the columns you should see that at the right end of the Date Modified column that there is an upward arrow. Click anywhere within the Date Modified box at the top you should see that your list of files will now be in newest first order and that arrow in the Date Modified box is now pointed downward.

Let's say you accidentally dumped a bunch of files into the "wrong" folder, intending this folder to hold only pictures but in that dump you included some movies. Do the above to bring up a List, then click on the Kind box, although do remember that sometimes your movies may be in several different formats.

When you have your files in the order you want them, then remember to switch back to your preferred view for your Finder windows.

There also should be within the heading box at the top of your Finder window a series of icons. To the right of the name of your folder the first icon will allow you to change your View as Icons, List, Columns or Gallery. This is a faster way than having to go up to the top menu.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess I was not very clear in my description. I downloaded 50 photos to a folder on my desktop that ranged from Feb to April 20th and they are listed from the most recent (Apr 20th) to the oldest in February. I would like to reverse the list from the oldest in February to the newest in April. Maybe I am trying to do this in the wrong place or the incorrect way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It depends on which View you use in Finder. I use Column view in Finder, 1682365436556.png .
You would want to use List View, then click on the Date column, which will rearrange the files either up or down.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The photos are currently in a folder on my desktop and I can rearrange them in the list view but when I go to gallery view they automatically go back to the reverse view with the newest first etc etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you try to change the sort with this button?
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 3.54.52 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 3.52.55 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 3.52.55 AM.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do I reverse the 1st photo (red Arrow) to the last spot and the last spot (Green Arrow) to the first spot and all in between also reversing. Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 4.18.21 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
How do I reverse the 1st photo (red Arrow) to the last spot and the last spot (Green Arrow) to the first spot and all in between also reversing.

If you want to change the sort order of only some of the included photos, put them into their own folder and use the View Options for that folder you will find under your View (menu bar).
You may need to check out and change various view sort order options to get what you are wanting.

If that's not what you are wanting to do, then I probably don't understand your question or problem.

Good luck.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.