Photo of the Month: September 2005 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
WhatTheCrap hold your camera still when shooting long exposures, the end result is alot better

Reaction score
I thought this was "1" photo submitted a month?

rules.jpg

Q

quanz

WhatTheCrap said:
some great shots quanz

do you shoot RAW and adjust in photoshop (ahhh the beauty of RAW). my camera shoots RAW but photoshop doesn't accomodate it.

also, do you use strobes when you shoot the action shots of the skaters and bikers? i really like the lighting in some of those shots. if you do use them, my hats off to you. just lugging that equipment around is a chore. :eek:
i shoot jpg unles i know i am doing something specific for print.

you can download the raw plugin for photoshop and it is free. so try that out.

as far as lighting, on moy shots i use the built in flash of the d70 for a fill, and the sb600 as a remote so it is off camera. even in daylight I am using flashes, they bring out better colours and get rid of shadows.

with photshop generally i jsut sharpen them a bit, and sometimes i tinker a bit with highlights amd shadows, and sometiems add a warming or cooling filter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Here is one of mine, I dont know how long the can was in the freezer for... but I thought it looked cool at the time. EDIT: The camera is a Fujifilm S3000

DSCF0001.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8 G5 -- 3 Gigs RAM -- 23" Cinema Display -- OneTouch II 300GB External HD -- Wacom Intuos3
nutter said:
WhatTheCrap hold your camera still when shooting long exposures, the end result is alot better

are you really going to make fun of a guy with only one arm?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
uhmm i dont believe i was making fun of you or anyone else, i simply said hold the camera still.... anyone can go out and take pictures of shaky lights, and how the **** am i supose to know you have one arm, or would it matter taking a photo, get a tripod

T

Tel

I have to agree, if you cant handle your low shutter speeds, don't press the shutter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8 G5 -- 3 Gigs RAM -- 23" Cinema Display -- OneTouch II 300GB External HD -- Wacom Intuos3
nutter said:
uhmm i dont believe i was making fun of you or anyone else, i simply said hold the camera still.... anyone can go out and take pictures of shaky lights, and how the **** am i supose to know you have one arm, or would it matter taking a photo, get a tripod

dude, i was totally joking. :headphone i have two arms. i meant to put a "wink" in there

the movement was intended actually. i wanted to take pictures like that. you really don't think that in SOME way it makes them interesting?

didn't mean to get you fired up, sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
im not fired up, and yes, they can be interesting, but yours is just a bunch of blurs and thats all you can see
you cant make out the subject at all
mabey use a little flash next time you do this with a close subject, it will highlight that area, then the lights in the background will still end up going crazy, but you will actually be able to tell what the photo is of, instead of some blurs and lines/squiggles of light......
heres a photo that ive used the lowest setting of flash, with about a 2/100th exposure...by the way i use a d70 to
number12_004.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
it's a form of abstract art, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Ghostshadow said:
it's a form of abstract art, in my opinion.
Yeah, I thought WhatTheCrap's photos were blurred and out of focus on purpose. I think they look kinda cool that way.

(hehe, I love that name....WhatTheCrap....:) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
Who won last months?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
Here's a fav of mine from last year while I was visiting family in New York. It was shot with a Sony P72 (thankfully which has been replaced since then). Oh, and for those that don't know what building it is, it's Trump Tower.

Attachments

• New York 032.jpg
    New York 032.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but what meaning does it have?
That is the beauty of abstract. there is no meaning really. it's completely random . hence the name abstract .

Abstract:
Having an intellectual and affective artistic content that depends solely on intrinsic form rather than on narrative content or pictorial representation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Ghostshadow said:
That is the beauty of abstract. there is no meaning really. it's completely random . hence the name abstract .
Exactly. I do quite a bit of abstract art with Photoshop and Illustrator. Some people like it, some don't. Some think its incredibly simplistic, some find it complex. That is the point of abstract, there is meaning if you want there to be, and there isn't if you don't. :black:

nervous.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

world.jpg

csDBH.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, i agree. i'm also into abstract, it used to be all i did in photoshop / photography. i really love it . nice pictures by the way :) D3v1L80Y

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Here's a picture of the Grand Haven, MI lighthouse and pier from my trip there over Labor Day.

Camera: Kodak v550

ghlighthouse.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
theres a fine line between abstract and just taking random pictures and calling them art

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
nutter said:
theres a fine line between abstract and just taking random pictures and calling them art

And, apparently, members of a Mac forum are qualified to draw that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.