Personal Laserwriter won't power on

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry for the double post. Like I said, I'm not on a Mac right now. It's an old IBM (which of course stands for "Ishoulda Boughta Mac") ;)

Hey...you gotta Mac!:) You just "gotta" get it repaired...or upgrade to something newer!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hey...you gotta Mac!:) You just "gotta" get it repaired...or upgrade to something newer!;)

- Nick

Hey Nick...Heres a pic of that HP 6P at the thrift store. I fired it up today and made a test page. Needs to be cleaned up...just a matter of time it goes in the dumper.

laser 6p.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Nick...Heres a pic of that HP 6P at the thrift store. I fired it up today and made a test page. Needs to be cleaned up...just a matter of time it goes in the dumper.

So what's the deal with the printer? If you did a test page it must be for sale...right? So are you not interested in it...or does the thrift store want too much for it?:(

- Nick

Reaction score
So what's the deal with the printer? If you did a test page it must be for sale...right? So are you not interested in it...or does the thrift store want too much for it?:(

- Nick

Right now its just in limbo..its just there in the back room. I moved all junk off it to test it and take the pic and put it back on the shelf. Right now they dont want nothing for it as no one that works gives a *#*! about old laser printers. I really do not need it. I have some extra Apple postscript lasers in storage. I just see theses things and report...that theres lots of old still workable stuff out if you look for it.
They would sell it to me for $5.00 or just wait for it to go in the dumpster..like my Pagepro 1250w came from.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right now its just in limbo..its just there in the back room. I moved all junk off it to test it and take the pic and put it back on the shelf. Right now they dont want nothing for it as no one that works gives a *#*! about old laser printers. I really do not need it.

Ok...now I understand...I thought for the right price you would take it. But if you don't need it...or have the room for it!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Ok...now I understand...I thought for the right price you would take it. But if you don't need it...or have the room for it!;)

- Nick

Someone with an older Mac set up or up to 10.4 with apple talk still could use this printer or on an old PC or Linux box could use it as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.