• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I like the classic PaperMate medium point, but any rollerball that writes smoothly with a bold line makes me happy. Fine tip pens annoy me no end! My fiance is a Le Pen aficionado.

Oh, and blue! Always blue.

Reaction score
I need to get myself a really nice pen - I hate the ones I use now.

I grip the pen real low on the body. I guess you could say I have terrible pen posture. I should get a pen that would force me to change. Any suggestions?

I think it would improve my rubbish handwriting.

Well the one in my previous post has a shaped/bevelled finger grip which forces you to hold it a certain way. The fountain pen makes my handwriting look a lot better, it also depends on how fine the point is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Real, cedar-wood pencils.

Oh, and Parker pens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Oh wow, really didn't know that there was anyone that took PENs so seriously. A long time ago I had something for Fountain pens but that passed. And since in my job I am always on the run I don't like fancy pens coz I will lose them.

I usually like Pilot's and any good rollerball pen either. But Pilot G2 are great for my Notes taking, because like Carol, I like to color code all my writing.

People always tell me I have a good hand writing and neat looking notes.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I have a Parker Jotter stainless steel set with a fountain pen, ballpoint pen and pencil. It's quite nice to write with and not expensive.

I've had the set for about 3 years and the ink has ran out in the ballpoint and I dropped the fountain pen and the nib broke the other day, but I'll be buying a new fountain pen to replace it (something up to £10).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.