• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Patriots lost!

OP
C
Reaction score
Paris Hilton of football? People who say that must not know a lick about football. He did have an off game, but when you look at his accomplishments, it's easy to say he's one of the game's best quarterbacks.

I dont think he had an off game at all. His O line had an off game, and the Giants D line had a great game. Thats the thing about linemen. Playing the game for years myself you learn to know that they dont get much credit, good or bad. If they do great, it really just reflects on the running back, or protection of the quarterback (being that he gets to throw in luxury) But if they do horrible, really its just, "Brady had a bad game", or how the running back couldnt move the ball. That being said, the skill positions take all the rep, good or bad.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The battle was won/lost in the trenches, as we all know. It is simple as that. The Patriot offense line lost the battle and the Giant defense line won the battle.

Now I still have to hear about the 72' Dolphins. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
The O line couldn't keep the pressure off Brady, sure. Even so, I still saw some off throws when he wasn't under much pressure. Linemen actually do get a lot of credit these days. If you listen to the same painful commentators I do, you're reminded of the job they do constantly. I hear running backs give props to their line all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Since I don't really follow the teams, when the game began, I wasn't rooting for either, just watching. As the game progressed, however, I liked the fight for the win between the teams, and started rooting for the Giants. That was an amazing ending to the game. I was at a Superbowl party where only 2 of the 8 people were rooting for NE. Those two guys, though, were so loud when that last TD was caught! Unbelievable game! It was great!

OP
C
Reaction score
The O line couldn't keep the pressure off Brady, sure. Even so, I still saw some off throws when he wasn't under much pressure. Linemen actually do get a lot of credit these days. If you listen to the same painful commentators I do, you're reminded of the job they do constantly. I hear running backs give props to their line all the time.

Your absolutely right, I agree with you 100%. But name some of the best O linemen to ever play the game? Some of then playing now? And dont go look it up ;D . Most people cant name very many, or even one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Hutchinson, Ogden are the first to spring to mind. But you're right in that O lineman don't get individual recognition. Maybe if there was a nice easy way to quantify their effect. Or if they were widely used in fantasy football. ;)

OP
C
Reaction score
Tom Brady on his knees, hands on his sides, head hanging in shame after yet another bad play, is there any site more satisfying?? :) If anyone has a screenshot of that moment, please send it to me.

As for the commercials, rubbish. Thought that squirrel one was pretty good, as was the Doritos one that was home-made by a contest winner.

No, but this unrelated photo is good
tom.jpg

And also, i liked these two ads

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27486877

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27487048

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.