pathetic but amusing

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
Mine ended up being $26 so i rounded a little. I wish they had a better color selection tho, they only had the white/clear. :p

At least this new charger prolly won't burn my apartment down!:black:
Looking at the new charger i think i can see what was defective about my old one. The little strip of rubber that goes over the wire and meets the end plug is much wider on this power supply than my last one. I prolly got a defective one before and the outer rubber was short and easily ripped which made it susceptible to unraveling.

Reaction score
Glad you had it taken care of...
How does the iSkin feel for typing? I wouldn't mind having one of those, but I hate to alter the feel of the keys under my fingers much.

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It doesn't make the keys any harder to press or anything, it just feels slightly spongier, or padded. I like it better personally, makes it feel softer. The keys are now quieter as well. :spook:

T

todd51

I used to have one of those for our old desktop. I would always stay up late talking to friends on MSN and AIM back in the days of dial-up and my parents would get mad when I would sneak on the computer to talk.

They could always tell I was on it because our keyboard was loud..then I got what you have now and they never found out! Soon after I was old enough to go to bed whenever I pleased.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
We have two iskins on the Apple keyboards at work, and I like them, but the space bar doesn't always work, as the iskin jams the key sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i hated my iskin.

i type at 110wpm approx, and i found that the iskin hindered my keystrokes at nearly 20wpm.

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I used to have one of those for our old desktop. I would always stay up late talking to friends on MSN and AIM back in the days of dial-up and my parents would get mad when I would sneak on the computer to talk.

They could always tell I was on it because our keyboard was loud..then I got what you have now and they never found out! Soon after I was old enough to go to bed whenever I pleased.

Yeah that sounds a lot like when i got my soft touch keyboard for my old pc. :black: It really look some getting used to, the keys were very flimsy, then i grew accustomed to it and haven't typed as well on regular keys since. I guess it just depends on what you get comfortable with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Yeah that sounds a lot like when i got my soft touch keyboard for my old pc. :black: It really look some getting used to, the keys were very flimsy, then i grew accustomed to it and haven't typed as well on regular keys since. I guess it just depends on what you get comfortable with.
does it cover just the keyboard, or the entire top?

id like something that covers the palmrests, and the kb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Just wondering, about that iPeg, was that green ELECTRICAL tape??

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That chord started actually unraveling so i had to bind it up.
You know that little strip that loops around where the wire connects to the plug on the end? On my last charger this strip was unusually short so a slit got ripped on the side.

But it looks like my new plug is not defective in the same way (the strip is longer) and it stays in place much better :black:

Reaction score
lol, my friends one is the same... but I wraped a paperclip around it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", iPhone
The same thing happened to me... The cord unraveling part... not the catching my house on fire part, haha. I had to wrap mine in electrical tape. I went to the apple store and they refused to replace it... they even accused me of misuse, implying i purposely destroyed it. the genius that was "helping me" told me its not covered under anything, and said i could buy a new charger from them... it was only $80.. ONLY!

I then called apple, and they said it was covered and the lady said something about this being a common problem. They sent me a new charger for free and a new battery since my battery had a recall. It got to my house within 16 hours of getting off the phone with the lady at apple.

Reaction score
Ah, in my view, there are times when lighting our wallet or purse of $80 would be the lesser of two evils.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.