Password Management programs

OP
P
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to delete a Vault please? I find the 'delete vault' option in the main 1Password menu but it is always greyed out - so I cannot delete a vault.

I have a rogue vault that often appears (with a different password) and I need to get rid of it. Please help. Paul

Reaction score
As far as having to input the master password... set it to not lock so often, or only when the screen saver starts, or something like that.
To delete a vault, select it (see pic) first, then try the Delete command. I don't think you can delete the Primary (I could be wrong).

Screen Shot vault.png

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Love the new Avatar vansmith. I second the 1 Password choice paultilling, and welcome to these forums. I used it without a hitch for some years but eventually retired it because I'm now retired and I simply no longer require it. It was not a difficult proceedure to unsubscribe and remove the app, so if you do change your mind you can always remove it but it's not cheap so do consider if you really need it first before commiting.

Reaction score
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! YES 1Password. (Yes I was yelling.)
I've used a couple others; they fell short. DataGaurdian was close but the folks on the backend of 1Password are beyond all the others combined. Apple's own is good but overall management is not as full featured nor easy to use.

Think of a use, a feature/function, an oops ... 1Password will be the best.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Love the new Avatar van smith.
Haha, Archer fan I take it?

I second the 1 Password choice paultilling, and welcome to these forums. I used it without a hitch for some years but eventually retired it because I'm now retired and I simply no longer require it.
I found myself in a similar position - I used it for a while and ended up dumping it since it wasn't really all that useful (given that 99% of my time with it was web browser password storage and every browser has this built in).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.