Page opens the same position

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
How can I lock the frame to almost full page when I open it up? Lately it minimized rather than full page when open, lok at photo below. Old days u can click remember the size and position, dont see that anymore..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 3.23.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 3.23.40 PM.png
    290.2 KB · Views: 22
OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I stretched and should click remember size and. position? dont see that anymore

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Open the item you have shown. Hold down the Option key and whilst doing so, click on the green dot top left. This will adjust the page to fill the screen whilst keeping the Top Menu Bar and Dock in view.

If doesn't do this automatically, then, still holding the Option key down, drag the window to the size you want. After that, it should always open to that size.

Ian

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open the item you have shown. Hold down the Option key and whilst doing so, click on the green dot top left. This will adjust the page to fill the screen whilst keeping the Top Menu Bar and Dock in view.

If doesn't do this automatically, then, still holding the Option key down, drag the window to the size you want. After that, it should always open to that size.

Ian
I tried both ways you suggested, still go back to smaller frame??

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I feel really embarrassed, Ron. What I described has always worked for me. I note that you had the Finder window open in your screenshot.

Well, I am forever altering the size of that window to suit various requirements and to get back to a screen that fits the Mac (- not Full Screen Mode which is when you click on the green button without holding down any key) - I just hold down the Option key which changes the "symbols" in the green button from 2 opposing arrowheads to a + and click on that.

Can't think why this doesn't work for you. Really sorry.

Ian

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I feel really embarrassed, Ron. What I described has always worked for me. I note that you had the Finder window open in your screenshot.

Well, I am forever altering the size of that window to suit various requirements and to get back to a screen that fits the Mac (- not Full Screen Mode which is when you click on the green button without holding down any key) - I just hold down the Option key which changes the "symbols" in the green button from 2 opposing arrowheads to a + and click on that.

Can't think why this doesn't work for you. Really sorry.

Ian
Yes problem is only Finders, still cannot get it right. Thanks

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's only Finder that has the problem, you can Re-launch Finder.

Try this. Close Finder if open. Now Click on the Apple icon, far left Top Menu Bar, from the dropdown, choose Force Quit. From there, choose "Relaunch Finder".

Ian

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's only Finder that has the problem, you can Re-launch Finder.

Try this. Close Finder if open. Now Click on the Apple icon, far left Top Menu Bar, from the dropdown, choose Force Quit. From there, choose "Relaunch Finder".

Ian
Well it works this am when I shut down laptop for the night, next morning everything\hing went normal??
Thank you for helping.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.