Overclocking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
RoccaDelicious said:
I think some of you dudes should consider "overclocking" the contents of your trousers, go out and meet some girls, they don't all bite but the ones worn chasing do - Hooray

what?!???

although with the new intel chips this may all be different but i have always considered mas as non-overclock-able (yea i just made that world up). to me they are pretty fine tuned themselves from the factory. just like the new VW "unpimp your auto" comercials
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The benefit of overclocking is marginal, being it on a PC or Mac (for those which can be overclocked).
Even on a PC, if you want to have some serious performance increase, you have to invest in a better cooling system, fine tune it until you find a frequency on which it's stable etc.
Honestly, just throw in a faster CPU, less hassle, less time loss and less risky...with an ssurance of more performance.
This goes for PCs, G4s (except 'Books) and the new Core Duo Macs with socketed CPU (Mac mini and iMac). Intel chip prices have a tendency to drop much faster than PowerPC, and I would say that, in about 6 months, it will be cheaper to upgrade a Mac mini with a dual core 2GHz (the mini's cooling is by far much better than the MacBook's anyway) than to upgrade an old Sawtooth with a dual 1.5GHz G4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.