OS Startup Sequence

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
In a previous post I asked about how to deal with quirky Bluetooth (Bt) in that it would not operate with more than one external device at a time.

In order to utilise both Minis with one monitor I tried using an HDMI splitter to move back<>forth from 64-bit on the Mini '23 (Sonoma) to 32-bit on the Mini '18 (Mojave), in the hope that Bt would also move seamlessly, but a) Bt did not transition, and b) the monitor did not like it one bit.

Most times I need to shut down any external Bt devices, eg. a JBL sound system, then restart it after a different OS has loaded.

Mojave has Bt v6.0.14d13 but Sonoma is coy about identifying which Bt version it has. Does someone know if there are there two different versions?

Therefore, what is the startup sequence for the MacOS, keeping in mind I'm using two version of the OS? If I know that, I will also know the optimum time to power Bt devices back on. TIA.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It might help if you explain the start up sequences between your Minis and the devices you are using so that we can follow along.

Most BT devices can be paired with multiple hosts, but only be connected to one. There are a few exceptions like speakers/headphones that allow you to be connected to multiple hosts simultaneously, but they will only stream data from the most recently active one. My BT headphones has this functionality and I've found it to be largely useless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.