Official Desktop Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Ey3 D said:
Update:
By the way, Benjamin Daines, how do you get the "Apple Images" into Photoshop? They are in System Prefs, but that's it as far as I can see. I could make some really cool stuff with them.
Macintosh HD > Library > Desktop Picutres

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
iNAP said:
I apologize for showing a females butt Hardcore is not my cup of tea either (but I do like women)
I have been a

Yeah, it wasn't just her butt, im pretty sure there is a nipple showing. we do have female members here, keep that inmind and keep it tasteful for all users OF ALL AGES!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
my latest...
Didn't work first time, try to attach file again.
Turns out file size was to large, put it into photoshop to fix the resolution to make the file size smaller.

Picture 1.png

E

Ey3 D

Cool! Thanks! I already made one using filters only. Nothing else. Looks pretty good.

Apple thing.jpg

Reaction score
Ey3 D said:
Cool! Thanks! I already made one using filters only. Nothing else. Looks pretty good.
Awesome! grabbed that one real quick lol

Picture 2.jpg

E

Ey3 D

Thanks iNap. Working on some other stuff for those pics. Keep you posted.
Filters are sweet. Go Photoshop! :miner:

Reaction score
I have been saving pictures and using them for my desktop but I have been saving them in my documents folder.I see on the desktop area where you pick the image you want to use, there is a folder called Pictures folder, but how do you add to that folder? The picture folder in my user account does not show in the list

folder?.jpg

E

Ey3 D

Hmmm.. Strange. Update for Apple pics : Not so great, since I am tired and have been Photoshopping all day. But tomorrow, my ideas will be back.

Apple thingy 2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just made this my background... Its my baby ;)... See Doo GTX 155hp...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    837.9 KB · Views: 33
E

Ey3 D

Running Limewire, eh?
How do you make your harddrive an icon that you downloaded? I tried putting the icon as a folder on my desktop and then dragging my HD to it, but nothing that worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you do it the same way you do all other icons.. get the info, select the icon and paste the new icon on the hard drive icon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ey3 D said:
Uhh.... Sorry I suck at this, but could you be more specific. I wanna make my HardDrive icon an icon I downloaded ( http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17553576/ ). But whenever I try to copy paste my hardrive into that icon folder, it says it can't be pasted into itself.
Sure I will make a little mini-tutorial.
Picture 1: Find your icon in a folder
Picture 2: click picture and hit command I to get info.
Picture 3: Click on icon in upper left hand corner so there is blue around it. Hit Command C to coppy
Picture 4: Click on Hard drive Icon and get info. Select the Same icon on the hard drive and hit command V to change icon.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

E

Ey3 D

Hmmm... Something weird is happening. I am downloading icons from InterfceLIFT.com and I download the files, they open with Stuffit Expander, the folder is on my desktop, but no items are in the folder. I have tried Safari and Firefox and they give the same result. I am gonna try a restart soon if it continues.

E

Ey3 D

It seems that only .zip files are working and not .sit even after a restart. Strange. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I tried firefox and had all sorts of strange thing happen ....it stopped after I dumped firefox Also Limewire

E

Ey3 D

Well I use Firefox to download Photoshop Brushes and other things that Safari won't display somehow. But the strange thing is if I donwloaded multiple and opened them at the same time, some would work.
Update: Simple banner, too tired and lazy to use fonts or color... Pretty cool.
Cool new Kill Bill icons and a mix of others.

Picture 1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.