Odd issue with Skype

Reaction score
I have a strange issue with Skype. It was working perfectly, and I made the "mistake" of installing the HP software for my printer so I could use the included scanning progams. Now Skype will not launch. If delete Skype from Applications, then re-install it from the disk image, it will launch 1 time, but wont launch again after closing.

Newbie here, but learning fast, and a friend mentioned that I most likely wont have to install programs that come with printers and other accessories, but I did it anyway.

I trashed the HP folder, but not sure if that really got rid of the HP stuff, I even deleted the printer and let the Mac find it on its own.

Any help would be appreciated, as I need to have skype running when I am on the Mac.

Thanks

Reaction score
You can perform a Spotlight search for HP or Hewlett Packard and move the files to a folder on your Desktop or to your Trash (don't empty the Trash just yet, though).

You might need to do the same with Skype .... then try to reinstall it again.

I use AppTrap, which is an uninstaller ... when you drag an App to the Trash, you see a dialogue box informing you of other bits and pieces that are associated with that App. You have a choice to delete the whole lot in one go. There are other such apps but AppTrap is a System Preference Pane, not an app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
If you are using Leopard I have heard this can be a problem

OP
N
Reaction score
Spawn__Dooley;523209 said:
You can perform a Spotlight search for HP or Hewlett Packard and move the files to a folder on your Desktop or to your Trash (don't empty the Trash just yet, though).

You might need to do the same with Skype .... then try to reinstall it again.

I use AppTrap, which is an uninstaller ... when you drag an App to the Trash, you see a dialogue box informing you of other bits and pieces that are associated with that App. You have a choice to delete the whole lot in one go. There are other such apps but AppTrap is a System Preference Pane, not an app.

Interesting, thanks, I will give this a try.... And yes I am using Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.